psudad

Went above and beyond to meet our needs

Discussion created by psudad on Sep 8, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 9, 2015 by laurac

We checked in to the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Harrisonburg VA on Saturday September 6, 2014 around 4:00pm.  We had about an hour to shake off the road and get ready for a wedding we were attending in the area.  We went to our room and, just prior to getting in the shower, noticed the towels were still wet.  Checking around the room, there was a wet ring on one of the bedside tables, there was gooey soap scum on the soap dish in the shower and - dare I say - there was hair in the bed, when you pulled down the cover.

Clearly the room had not been cleaned properly, in expectation of a new guest.  Giving the benefit of the doubt, perhaps housekeeping thought the prior guest was not yet checking out.  Regardless, we wanted a cleaned room.  Housekeeping may have already left for the day.  Ms Chris _____, the young lady at the front desk sprung into action.  She quickly came upstairs with fresh towels and after we left, she came back in to the room, cleaned it and changed the sheets.  They were sold out or she probably would have moved us.  She also said she would make sure we didn't pay for the room, that night.

So, I wanted to nominate her for a Spirit to Serve award.  She was friendly and a very efficient problem solver.  I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.  I'm sorry, but I don't have her last name.

Thank you,

Lou Martel

Platinum Elite

Outcomes