smila33

Trouble getting credit for a stay?!  Anyone else?

Discussion created by smila33 on Jul 20, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 15, 2017 by andrewt

I have not had trouble previously, but cannot get credit for my recent stay at Courtyard Istanbul (airport).  Have gone back-and-forth with hotel and missing stay report.  Get various response why I am not getting credit.  Among them, your folio bill does not have the Marriott logo on it (I questioned this at check-out and the hotel staff just acted confused and gave me an envelope with the logo on it).  Another reply was that it is because I booked through a travel agency (I only book using marriott.com as I work for an airline and we do not use a travel agency, we book our own reservations).  Another response was I get credit for the the night towards status but no points (what?!).  I am so frustrated and have sent another reply asking for the matter to be escalated to a manger.  I am so frustrated am considering changing to Hilton.  Just read about how high their customer satisfaction is... I have not had other issues, but this one is so frustrating because it goes back-and-forth and does not make sense at all.  Wondering if this property is a franchise and perhaps that is why this is such a big problem?  Any one else have ideas - I am ready to give up.  It is really only a mater of principle because it is not that many points and just one night!!  Ugh!

Outcomes