AnsweredAssumed Answered

Has anyone else seen this in Concierge Lounge?

Question asked by insidenji on Jul 16, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 20, 2016 by ks77

I just completed a three night stay at the Marriott near the Minneapolis Airport.  The stay was great, everyone is always so efficient and friendly but I noticed when I went into the Concierge Lounge I was asked my last name, this was in the evening and for breakfast in the morning.  I didn't mind at all but I noticed some people seemed quite offended by this.  I'm sure like anything else there will always be people who try to take advantage of a situation and either try to gain access to lounge when they really shouldn't or bring in more guests than they should.  It seemed to put the host/hostess in the lounge in an awkward position, and I really don't think they should be the ones to police the lounge.  If one's key is programmed for them to have access how would someone without key card access get in?  I can see where one might try to bring in several friends when only one has access to the lounge and therefore should only bring in one friend.  I'm not sure if this is something others have seen and I'd be interested in getting some feedback.  Has anyone else seen this?  I do feel bad for the host/hostess and from what I observed the last few days it is almost a full time job of monitoring.  This morning one guy jokingly (??) called the hostess the "Door Nazi" and I really didn't think it was very funny.

Thoughts?

Outcomes