AnsweredAssumed Answered

Seattle with a Dash of Portland or Vancouver, BC?

Question asked by painedplatinum on Jul 12, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 3, 2015 by pluto77

Mrs. Pained has a business shutdown from Dec. 22 through Jan. 4 this upcoming Holiday season.  We've decided to head to the Great Northwest for the first time. This is a bucket list trip for us. We've already snagged the two RT (1st Class!!) seats on USAir from PHL to SEA.  We'll be leaving Christmas night, after the festivities all settle down, and return on Jan.2.  I've set up a one nighter at the SEA TownePlace Suites Seattle Southcenter since the plane lands after 9PM and they have an airport shuttle. I also set up a stay at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront for a five night stay from Dec 28-Jan 2. That leaves a two night window for Dec 26-Dec 28. We could certainly stay in Seattle, but 8 nights in one city almost sounds like a wasted opportunity. So, the question is, do we head south to Portland or north to Vancouver. Keeping in mind that this is at the end of the year, what do my Insider friends have to say? Logistically, both cities appear to be a  2H 40M drive or so from Seattle....an easy ride for the Pained's.

What would you do and see in late December in either Portland or Vancouver for two days?

Any hotel recommendations?

Outcomes