kharada46

Rate Search Frustration

Discussion created by kharada46 on Jul 5, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 4, 2018 by nipper

In searching for hotel rates on Marriott.com domestically and internationally, I've noticed a frustrating trend... the rate displayed is "from $*** per night" which turns out to be really vague.  I've often noticed, for example, that it'll display "from $190 per night, when clicking "view rates" yields a rate of $250 for nearly all the nights except for 1 or 2 (of 6).  Competing chains don't this... which almost seems like a bate and switch.  Granted you aren't being conned into booking the rate, but it makes searching much more difficult & frustrating, seeing as the difference between the two rates can be quite significant.  If the rate must be varied from day to day, what should be displayed is the average daily rate. 

Then there's the issue that we've been discussing a little in the Aviation Geeks Unite thread... AAA rates, and others like it are often more expensive than the Standard Rates now days.  Even worst, Elite Rates are either the same as the Standard Rate or higher with no discernible benefit.  I'm not sure how everyone else feels about this, but to me, this further cheapens Elite membership. 

Outcomes