clintium

HDMI Input - Not working or disabled?

Discussion created by clintium on Jun 20, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 29, 2016 by wesleywc

Staying at the Marriott Augusta. Just spent 15 minutes working with one of the "engineers" on hooking up a Wii to the TV.

Clearly the direct input won't work. That could cause a loss of profit, right? Or maybe it's to prevent someone from "messing with settings" as some representatives are quick to suggest... Regardless Marriott took a solid approach of installing a "Jack Pack" that should allow you to input whatever you want through their system.

Sadly, after half an hour of trying (and I'm tech savvy - hooking up a video game system does not take me half an hour), I am forced to admit that Marriott has purchased a TV that is immune to external input. The "engineer" even brought in a special tool to disconnect the coax cable. We were basically working with a completely bare tv not connected to anything. No dice.

It's pretty frustrating to be such a consistent customer to Marriott and not be able to use a simple service like an HDMI cord. I get it, we all want to make money. But legitimately blocking user input is garbage.

Rant: over.

It would be great to have a marriott rep address this.

Edit: Check out this link for a lengthy discussion: http://upgrd.com/blogs/trebuchet/marriott-digital-tv.html

Outcomes