misterchk

EVERY YEAR "A LITTLE LESS VALUE" - A CITY WHERE A CERTIFICATE IS USELESS

Discussion created by misterchk on May 21, 2014
Latest reply on May 22, 2014 by bejacob

CONCENTRATING ON A SPECIFIC CITY, A CONTINUATION OF THE POPULAR TOPIC OF THE DETERIORATION OF POINT AND REWARD CERTIFICATE VALUE.

HOPEFULLY LEADING TO A  SERIOUS CONSIDERATION BY MARRIOTT TO CREATE AWARDS WITH A CASH VALUE (AT MARRIOTTS) RATHER THAN USE AT A SPECIFIC CATEGORY.

Every year, the majority of elite members, receive reward certificates.  These certificates, are at best, good for stays at categories 1 - 5.

HAS ANYONE RECENTLY ATTEMPTED TO USE A CATEGORY 1 - 5 ON THE ISLAND OF MANHATTAN?

Shouldn't  an award certificate be a value in what is arguably one of the most important cities in the world! 

I'm aware of the many discussions on this subject.   I'm confident that with the next wave of category adjustments a member might only be able to enjoy their award in Fresno (forgive using Fresno as an example)??????

I invite the membership to find other cities that reward certificates have become useless, as well as offering any fresh suggestions for a meaningful replacement of the "category 1 - 5" award.

Outcomes