walksoftly

Nomination for Spirit to Serve Award

Discussion created by walksoftly on Apr 17, 2014
Latest reply on May 5, 2014 by walksoftly

I would like to nominate Chinh, who works mornings in the Executive Lounge at the Vienna Marriott Hotel, for a Spirit to Serve Award.

During my family's recent stay at the Vienna Marriott Hotel, we had the pleasure to meet Chinh.  Every morning for 6 days we were greeted by Chinh, with her warm and delightful smile, and this provided a wonderful start to our day.  When we arrived very early at the hotel on the first day of our stay and waited in the lounge for our room, Chinh looked after us, bringing my wife and I coffee and making sure that we were comfortable.  One morning, when my daughter's favorite pastry treat was no longer available in the lounge, Chinh asked her what she was couldn't find -- and at her initiative went to the breakfast restaurant downstairs to bring a variety of pastries so that my daughter could choose something that she liked.

Chinh consistently made us feel at home in the lounge and, in the opinion of all of the members of our family, she exemplifies the kind of personal service and concern that is in the best spirit of the Marriott vision.

Outcomes