iahflyr

What Are You Grilling This Spring?

Discussion created by iahflyr on Mar 27, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 3, 2015 by foxglove

It is Springtime in most parts of the U.S. now so I figured it's time to bring back a favorite topic of many that jerrycoin began last fall.  So here it is, tell us what you're grilling this time of year and into summer!

Mrs. IAH and I are getting the grill fired up for the second time this week, tonight it is her yummy Butterfly Pork Chops marinated in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Worcester Sauce mixed together with a touch of Garlic and freshly ground Black Pepper.  They are sooooo good and will have marinated for seven hours by the time they hit the 600 degree grill tonight.

To go along with the chops it will be Panko crusted Zucchini chips baked in the oven for about 25 minutes at 375 degrees.  They are an excellent option that I will eat like chips.  Easy to make, slice up some Zucchini fairly thin, mix grated Parmesan Cheese, Panko with your favorite seasonings (ours are Garlic, Black Pepper, Cayenne Pepper) with some low fat milk and dip the Zucchini slices into the mix making sure to coat them well.  Place on a non stick cookie sheet with Olive Oil to make sure they don't stick to the pan and toss them in the oven.  We have started to make them two or three times a week and are great for munching on while on Insiders!

Of course your favorite wine will top this grilling night off perfectly.

Dining at it's finest I say.

Outcomes