AnsweredAssumed Answered

Week in Europe with three semi-adult children, where to go?

Question asked by nancyge on Mar 27, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 2, 2014 by fschumpert

My husband and I would like to go to Europe with our three kids, 19. 23. 25 in late July or early August. This seems to be the time that will work for all three with their different schedules.  We have traveled a lot with them and enjoy big cities, but also like to explore the countryside.  We spent two weeks a couple of years ago in London and Scotland. Since we only have a week with both weekends, we are thinking about keeping our travel to one city and the surrounding area.  We have enough points to get a 5 night stay for one room at a level 8 hotel.  I looked at Paris, but our extra room will need to be big enough for three and the hotels in Paris would cost us about $500 a night for that, also the flights into Paris appear to be more expensive than anywhere else.  I have thought about Rome, but it feels like a trip to Italy would be better when we have two weeks to really explore.  I have been looking at Ireland or Spain, they might also work.  I have also been reading a lot of positive comments about Ghent, Belgium. My son is going to Germany next year, so we don't want to go to Berlin.  Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Outcomes