AnsweredAssumed Answered

Elite recognition upon check in

Question asked by highmaintenance13 on Mar 9, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 19, 2014 by highmaintenance13

I want to say that I realize that this question is in multiple threads, however,  I can't reply using my ipad.  I have only been a member of Marriott for almost a year and became a silver elite after my second stay.  I have noticed multiple threads about the greeting that is received upon checkin and realize that it varies.  I wanted to know is there a Marriott's policy or if some hotels did it out of kindness.  The internet customer care responded that they wanted to know which hotel was i referring to.  Below is the exchange:

My question 1: I would like to know if there is a policy that hotels recognize elite guest upon checkin or is it just a nice gesture for those elite guest who have received the recognition?

I realize my question is petty, but I have been told by other elite guest that they have received it and it really makes you feel welcome.

Thank you for your time

Marriott's response:

Thank you for contacting Marriott.  We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with information.

However, you have reached Marriott's central Customer Care department rather than the hotel directly.  Based on the information provided, we were unable to determine the hotel to which you were referring.  Please provide us with the name of the hotel that interests you, and we will be happy to help you in any way possible.

To help with your planning needs, a directory, which can provide you with a complete list of our hotels, is available at the following web address:

http://marriott.com/hotel-search.mi

Thank you for choosing Marriott.

Regards,

Marriott Customer Care

My follow up question: I am asking about a Marriott policy? Are you stating that the greeting for elite customers is not a Marriott's policy, but that of each individual hotel?

End of exchange

For  the board:

The point of my question is to clear an expectation of an entitlement that may not exist.  I can't become disappointed if there is not an official policy.

What are your thoughts?

Outcomes