zukracer

Spirit to Serve - Rewarding Associates

Discussion created by zukracer on Mar 14, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 16, 2014 by zukracer

I'm curious if there is a way for Marriott to give elite MR members the ability to recognize outstanding customer service on the spot.  As a Exec Plat. with AA, they send out these slips that I can hand to anyone in the AA organization if I feel like they've provided me with outstanding customer service.  I've been told some airport management groups reward their employees with various perks ranging from leaving early, longer lunch breaks or even comp days if they get enough of these slips.

Here's what they look like

aa.jpg

This isn't new, AA has been doing it for a long time and I understand other airlines do similar things.  What got me thinking more about this is that now Tripadvisor is doing a similar thing with actual pins instead of slips of paper.  I got an invitation to participate in their program and they sent me 2 of these pins.  I think it would be great for Marriott to have a similar plan of some type that we can use for rewarding the folks that go above and beyond in our interactions with the company.

Here's what the Tripadvisor pin looks like, its in a nice little package you are supposed to hand to the associate.

20140314_175238.jpg

Then they make sure to tell the person to take a picture and post it on Facebook and tag Tripadvisor in the image.

20140314_175307.jpg

The they have this nice message and very nice pin inside the card.

20140314_175325.jpg

What does everyone think?

Outcomes