kk_z1

Mobile Check-In App

Discussion created by kk_z1 on Mar 1, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 6, 2014 by engineergirl

I recently got a notification regarding the availability of Mobile Check-In availability at Marriott-SeaTac in Seattle so, I decided to check it out. When I got the notification that check-in is available, I went through the App and got the check-in done. Next day, I went to the property and my key was ready for pick-up. Nothing really complicated so it was all good (no need for credit card validation and the wait etc.).

However, there are a couple of things missing when doing Mobile Check-in:

1. There is no option to request for a "room upgrade" if you are an Elite member: Marriott will never "automatically" upgrade you to one even if it is available (trust me, of all the Marriott properties I have stayed at, the standard answer for a room upgrade is "we do not have any rooms available for upgrades" and this answer is valid 24/7 - 365 days)

2. Inability to mention where the room location is and also concierge timings (it was my first time staying there and you can't expect me to know where the room location is). Would be nice to have the room location available as well so it is easy to navigate if the hotel property could not assist in directing to your room.

I guess things will improve as we move along. Feel free to add your thoughts and suggestions so Marriott can make this Mobile Check-In process more efficient and comprehensive.

Outcomes