I know that there are many posts where folks are venting and questioning the collective decision making of the Marriott mind, but I for one am very pleased at the progress I've seen recently. A little patience is always helpful when dealing with a large corporation, but Marriott, in my opinion, has done a darn good job of turning the direction of the program in new and improved ways. Here are a few of my recent observations along with a few hopes or the future!
- Breakfast and lounge access on weekend (HOOT HOOT)
- Mileage Pus Partnership - AWESOME - Bring more offers like this!
- Elite renewal process - Nice to see a little compassion for long term members who are just short of goal. Develops heavy loyalty where other competitors fail here miserably.
- New Web Site - Very Nice...
- Integration with Vacation club members...well done
- Hotel Upgrades.....a lot of progress in 2013
- Lifetime membership - very endearing - makes me feel like family
Hopes for 2014
- Miss the wine and chees platinum gifts
- Room upgrades - some properties hold back - rooms are available online but only offered for upgrade if you force the issue
- Credit Card bonus nights - allow nights for both personal and biz cards to be combined
- Multiple rooms towards nights stayed - Allow for accrual if you have more that 1 room at a time for immediate family
- Bring back the elite $1000 gift certificates - PLEASE!!!!!!
- Would enjoy a discount price for full buffet breakfast in lieu of lounge for elites on occasion
- Point values for vacation club week trades have become diluted over time - find a way to be more equitable
Thanks for listening Marriott. I look forward to what you have in store for the future!