barbaracollins

Budapest - Apartments or Marriott

Discussion created by barbaracollins on Jan 5, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 3, 2016 by monisame

Hi everyone,

As you may know I was looking at Venice, but am pausing this idea as I just can't decide where to stay (it was my son who wants to visit, and we're going to Pompeii in Feb. - he's a Roman history fan (aged 9!)).  So, instead, I thought we could go to a Christmas market, and take my mother & father in law. I am deciding on Budapest, and looking at the Christmas Markets, weekend of the 5 & 6 Dec is the best (and bonus as its my son's birthday).

The Marriott Executive Apartments are really cheap, and have good (but 2 yrs old) reviews on here, and not so complimentary on trip advisor.  The Marriott, on the other hand, has some discounted offers, but isn't so cheap.

If you've stayed at either recently, can you give me your opinions.  I had read on here that when staying in the apartment you have access to the conceirge lounge at the Marriott but that was in 2011 and conscious things may have changed since then.

I wish Marriott would give more information on rooms to advise whether there were connecting rooms, and which rooms connect with which.

Thanks in advance

Barbaraga

Outcomes