chrisf

New Orleans - USA with a difference

Discussion created by chrisf on Nov 23, 2013
Latest reply on Nov 24, 2013 by chrisf

New Orleans was our final destination on our Southern States road-trip.  I'd been here a few times on business and brought the family over for Jazz Fest post Katrina … amazing how they put on the Fest so quickly.  This time, we were here for a week … just the two of us … bliss!

DAY 17 - Wed 24 April

We dropped our rental off at the airport and grabbed a cab to the Marriott.  I hadn't stayed at the Marriott on Canal before so wasn't sure what to expect.  (Post Katrina, we stayed at the JW.)  From the time we arrived to the moment we left, the Marriott team looked after us so well.  We weren't happy with the first room and were promptly moved to a room that worked for us.

I let the concierge team to look after our bags and we headed to the lobby bar for a glass of wine … great service and reasonably priced wine. Then we headed to the CL for canapés which were great and the staff there were amazing.  The canapés were followed with some excellent gumbo and we just chilled in the CL and had an early night.  It was nice to finally arrive somewhere and not have to worry about moving on.

More to come on our visit to NO ...

Outcomes