AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is retirement busier than working?

Question asked by chrisf on Nov 24, 2013
Latest reply on Nov 28, 2013 by bpelican

This year seems to have gone by so fast that I am wondering if retirement is busier than working.  Perhaps it is that retirement is so much more enjoyable that the time just passes more quickly!  I certainly don't recall the time flying by so quickly.

However, looking back on the year, I guess that we have done quite a lot.  It may just be an exceptional year but I don't recall last year being any less busy.  Do you fellow retirees find that life in retirement seems busier than working?

Just looking through our calendar … we seem to rarely have a month that is quiet … looks like June was the only one!  I know that we did our 'world trip' earlier this year but I am not including that in my thinking.  We seem to have at least 3 major celebrations each year … e.g. this year - our 40th wedding anniversary, our eldest son's wedding, brother-in-law's 50th birthday.  Looking at the number of times that we have been to London or other major cities for shows or dinner etc., I wonder if it is just us filling in the time that makes life seem so busy?

Outcomes