veero0101

Where to next?

Discussion created by veero0101 on Aug 22, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 4, 2015 by jerryl

Hello everyone.  I'm a long time Marriott user who just recently discovered Marriott Rewards Insiders.  I am accountant in the oil and gas industry in Houston, Texas.  I love to travel but unfortunately haven't been able to do much of it until the last few years.  I've mostly travelled within the U.S., but I will be making my first trip abroad later this year.  I am so excited!  I am single with no children, while most of my friends are married and with children.  This makes it hard to find travel companions.  I have decided that I've waited long enough and that it's time to start travelling solo.  I'm not sure when it'll be or where it'll be to, but I can rest assured knowing that it'll be an adventure.

I just planned a trip for my family (my brother and my parents) to Panama.  Besides the Panama Canal, I'm not sure what there is to see and do in Panama, but I'm excited to find out.  I'll probably start my research soon so I can plan our days.  Sadly, we don't know how to relax during our vacations.  We seem to fill our days with as much things to see and do as possible.  Since we can't afford to travel often, we like to make the most of our vacations and get to know the city we're visiting.

After Panama, I am planning a trip to Costa Rica, and then Madrid sometime next year.  In between, I'd like to plan one or two trips here in the U.S.  One of these trips I've decided will be to Portland, but I'm not sure about the other one.  Any suggestions?  I like outdoorsy stuff like kayaking, horseback riding, hiking, and zip lining, and I prefer cooler rather than warmer weather.  I'd obviously like to stay at a Marriott, especially since I plan to travel alone.  I've never had a bad experience and always felt safe at Marriott hotels.

Outcomes