curiousone

Goodby Sprint!

Discussion created by curiousone on Aug 19, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 20, 2013 by iahflyr

I was a Sprint cell customer for the last 10 years, and a very unhappy Sprint customer for the last 2 years. Two years ago I purchased a Sprint 4G phone with the promise that Sprint 4G would be in Phoenix "in a couple of months" and that I would still be charged for 4G service even if I did not have 4G in Phoenix. 22 months later I finally noticed that I had the now obsolete Sprint 4G service in portions of Phoenix. On top of all that, the reception in Phoenix metro was spotty, and terrible in the many remote areas of Arizona. When my contract was close to being over I first checked with Sprint to see if they had 4G LTE service available in Phoenix. I was told "not yet, but it will be here in a few months". Needless to say, I was not going to fall for that line again. I switched to Verizon 4G LTE and can not believe the world of difference. I just finished a a 1200 mile drive from Phoenix/Page/Salt Lake City/Park City/Moab/Flagstaff and was amazed at the phone and data reception in some very remote areas of Utah and Arizona. Count me as one very happy former Sprint customer.

Outcomes