AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is TVL rate still eligible for the points and stay credits????

Question asked by niconico on Aug 13, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 1, 2015 by kenflytojw

Hi,

I stayed at Lisbon Marriott recently using TVL(travel industry rate) for 5 nights. waiting for more than 10 days, points and credit hadn't been appeared on my account, so I contacted Marriott Rewards UK & Ireland.

Thier answwer was:

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards.

I was advised by the Lisbon Marriott that the special discounted travel industry rate that you have booked under is not eligible for the points or elite nights.

I did credit for you the 500 Platinum arrival points as that should be credited regardless of the eligibility of the reservation for the elite nights or points.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Yours sincerely,

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

My friend had had the same problem, he raised this issue and got the answer which TVL was eligible.... please refer the following link;

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/11456

Then I contacted Marriott Rewards again with this, however the response was;
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you for your reply.

The Travel Industry rate eligibility is set up by the individual hotels and eligibility will depend on the amount of discount the hotel offers on the rate. There is not one rule that covers all Travel Industry rates. I apologize that we cannot make any exceptions with regard to this.

Yours sincerely,

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Does this mean Marriott doesn't have ONE policy regarding the points and stay credits???

I was very disappointed with this matter and confused, which discourage me to book Marriott in the future.... 

Does anyone help me, pleeeeeeeease!!! 

Outcomes