curiousone

7 Day Concierge Lounge in U.S.

Discussion created by curiousone on Jul 21, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 22, 2013 by gemprincess

Just returned from 4 nights (Monday - Friday) in San Francisco, 2 nights at the JW and 2 nights at the Westin St. Francis. I was pleased that my time at the JW was during the week so I could use the lounge. Imagine my surprise when I saw the sign outside the CL. Wouldn't it be nice if this was normal? The cocktails and appetizers where very good, cheeses, crackers, mixed nuts, Coconut breaded shrimp, spring rolls, pot roast. For our first night it was a good light dinner. The wine and beer were on the pricey side, but hey it's SF. The breakfast was very good, scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, oatmeal, mixed fruit, a variety of breads, OJ and coffee. My room was nothing special, but I did use points for it. I was planning on using the remote check-in via the Marriott app, but forgot about it until we walked into the lobby. We were greeted at the elevator door by an associate with an iPAD who proceeded to check us in and hand us our keys. Done in about 30 seconds. Each morning there was a local paper outside my door. The CL also had the WSJ and USA Today. No problem getting a late checkout of 2 PM. Our room had the quietest air conditioner I have ever not heard, unbelievable.

Concierge Lounge Hours.jpg

The Westin was a block away from the JW so we just walked ourselves down to it on Wednesday afternoon. I am Gold with Westin which got me no upgrade or CL lounge access. I also used points for this room, so I was not surprised when I was looking at another building from my room window. The St. Francis was built in the early 1900's so it is an old building that has been updated. I am not a big fan of staying in old buildings. They can update them as much as they want, they are still cramped and awkward. Luckily it was only 2 nights and I can now say I have stayed at the St. Francis.

This was another trip where we used only our feet or public transportation. We made it to Chile Pies and Ices Cream where we had green chile apple pie drizzled with red chile honey. Yum! We did the Segway tour that goes to Telegraph Hill, Russian Hill and Nob Hill. We also got to go down Lombard Street 2 times. So far in 2013 we have been to San Diego, Portland, Seattle and San Francisco. Los Angeles (Santa Monica) is planned for October. That should take care of the west coast for a while.

Outcomes