AnsweredAssumed Answered

No room at the Inn

Question asked by dlhaynes4 on Jun 8, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 9, 2013 by sg1974

I have a question about the room guarantee.

I am a lifetime platinum and booked a room at a residence inn.  Upon arrival, I was informed that the hotel was over sold and they did not have a room for me.  Even though I had a confirmed reservation.  I was told I would have to stay at another hotel For he night.  I did.  The next day after I checked in I talked to the manager and let her know I was not happy about the lack of a room r the attitude of the person at the desk.  She offered me either beer or wine to make me feel better.  I declined, since I do not drink.  Yet hat was pretty much the options I got for compensation.

THis has never happened to me in all of the years that I have been staying at Marriott.  So I didn't really pay attention to the room guarantee policy.  I have since read it.  ain't talks about case and room certificates.  But in part of it, it talks about having to ask for it during the stay, that discussion is in a different art.  Since I did not ask during the stay, does that mean it is too late to request the compensation.  Not surprising, the manager did not bring it up during our discussion.

Outcomes