zukracer

What exactly is "Guaranteed room type" - opinions/thoughts/facts all welcomed :)

Discussion created by zukracer on Jun 5, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 6, 2013 by islandgrandma

So I'm staying at the Springhill Suites in Tampa and arrived, having the reservation booked over a week and with additional weeks already on the books to come, to find that they had not blocked me into a room.  I have in my profile, king bed, high floor, etc.  I do NOT have the accessible room selected and my profile is set to bed selection as the key.

I was greeted nicely, thanked for coming back, etc but then told they were "sold out" and that they could put me in a standard room with two double beds OR a king bed in an accessible room.  I actually consider accessible rooms a different type of room because they are not "standard" and are often furnished or configured differently for the purpose of being "accessible".  And personally I don't want an accessible room.  I think they should have them for those that need them but I don't like the rooms because of the different configurations.

So my question to the group is this.  If my room type is a king, non-smoking standard room, does assigning me a choice of either a double or accessible room render this "guarantee" null/void?  Before I get into this with the hotel GM, I wanted to get the thoughts, opinions, etc from you guys & gals because part of me thinks its just my bias against accessible rooms that has me annoyed.  The other part of me thinks, well gosh I'm a plat prem. member who made this reservation with ample lead time, I should be given a proper room based on selection and not the guy checking in at 9pm being told we are sold out and here's what we have, take it or leave it.

Outcomes