fteixeira

Courtyard Hong Kong Sha Tin is like no Courtyard I have ever seen

Discussion created by fteixeira on Apr 3, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 4, 2013 by gemprincess
Branched from an earlier discussion

Long time Marriott Rewards member here, first time posting.

Traveling less for work than I used to, but have stayed at dozens of Courtyards over the years.  I understand that Courtyards are lower-tier hotels and, based on many of the changes regarding attitudes towards elite members, I agree with most of unfavorable feedback here.

Now, as far as Courtyards in Asia, let me shed a little light.  I am currently staying at a Marriott Courtyard in the Sha Tin area of Hong Kong.  This is like no Courtyard I have ever seen and can easily pass for a Full Service Marriott.  Got upgraded to a river-view room on the 29th floor, access to the executive lounge on the 30th floor, excellent breakfast in the MoMo Cafe (no Bistro here), very comfortable and well appointed rooms.  Granted this hotel is only a few months old, so everything is very fresh, and boy is it great.  Pricing included breakfast and was reasonable.

I'm not asking the Courtyards in the USA to match this level of service and style (I can only dream), but it would wouldn't be a bad idea if Marriott corp sent a few US Courtyard GMs over here to learn a thing or two about service.

Outcomes