erc

A Little Natitude

Discussion created by erc on Apr 10, 2013
Latest reply on May 10, 2013 by erc

In my first trip back to Nationals Park since the heartbreaking playoff collapse against the Cardinals, I enjoyed a perfect spring night for baseball. A middle of the week game, early in the season with terrific weather and modest crowds allowing for great stretching out and enjoying a game won by the home team, the Washington Nationals.

r.jpg

We like to arrive early, settle in, and catch some BP

w.jpg

Ryan Zimmerman driving in what would be the margin of victory

Whereas the Nationals are fortunate to have up and coming superstars Stephen Strasburg and Bryce Harper, to us long suffering Washington baseball fans, Ryan Zimmerman is the franchise backbone. Drafted his junior year out of U Va, Ryan has spent his entire career with the Nats, including the very dismal early years. He's a terrific young man who is very community oriented and a superb role model for younger players. Each year he sponsors an event to help fight MS at the park. Take a look. This year it's May 23rd.

http://anightatthepark2013.eventbrite.com/#  It is a lot of fun and goes toward a good cause. If you're in the Nation's Capital, consider checking it out. You'll have a blast.

Note: Marriott, if you're running out of points due to all of the baseball stories, feel free to just send me a Merlot and a slab of brie

Outcomes