AnsweredAssumed Answered

Paris - Renaissance Vendome vs. Marriott CE

Question asked by photochick on Apr 2, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 6, 2013 by jerrycoin

Hello,

First many apologies for a question asked by others but I could use some feedback for Paris trip in October. I have been reading past posts about properties in Paris and appreciate the advice especially from jerrycoin. However, some of the discussions are a few years old and would appreciate more current advice.

This is my husband and I's first time in Paris, I am Platinum using points. We are currently booked at the Marriott CE. I have heard good things about the Marriott CE but am now reconsidering booking at the Renaissance Vendome. We usually like quieter, boutique hotels a bit removed from the hustle & bustle and I am thinking the Vendome might give us more of the type of stay we'd like than the Marriott CE. Maybe a bit more romantic? I like the thought of the location near the Louvre; we will be there one day. However, I am a little concerned about the room size at the Vendome. Using points we are just booking standard room.

Does one hotel upgrade rooms for Platinum more than the other?

Can anyone provide me with additional reasons I should reconsider Vendome over CE? Any recent stays at Vendome who can offer some feedback?

Thanks!

Outcomes