wrlygirl

The Luckiest Girl

Discussion created by wrlygirl on Mar 30, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 2, 2013 by jerrycoin

I have to say, I led a semi-charmed youth.  Growing up, I got to go see the Cardinals play in old Busch Stadium several times a year.  When it really got cool; however, was when my parents divorced (I know, odd to say it that way) and my mom moved to New York.  She and my brother were at a game at Yankee Stadium and were picked out of the crowd by the stadium manager to move to better seats right behind the Yankee dugout.  My mother and the stadium manager became friends, leading to many games behind the dugout, parking in the players' parking lot, trips to Ft. Lauderdale for Spring Training, and many opportunities to meet the players.  However, the game that stands out most in my mind was the one where I was in line, waiting to buy a hot dog, and I met Dave Winfield's wife.  She and I hung out for some time thereafter.  Without Number 42, Dave Winfield might not have been able to wear the Yankee uniform, which would have been one of many tragedies associated with bigotry, racism, and xenophobia.  Here's to equal rights for all!

Outcomes