v1cky84

1st time in Hawaii...which resort to choose? Needs help choosing.

Discussion created by v1cky84 on Mar 12, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 17, 2013 by kharada46

Hi all,

My husband and I (both in early 30s, no kids) plan on going to Hawaii for the first time during Thanksgiving week & using our Marriott points for our stay.  We plan on staying for 5 nights and will be coming from LA.  Our primary goal is to relax, enjoy the scenery and the beach, experience the culture and eat good food. We don't know how to swim so we won't be doing any diving/snorkeling but we plan on relaxing by the beach, maybe dipping our feet in the shallow part of the beach, do some hiking & maybe driving around the see the scenery. We are not interested in nightlife, shopping, museum or arts.  We can rent a car if it's really necessary to get around.  My husband wants the kind of vacation where he just sits around & relax since we will be having a whirlwind trip to Europe in May. Which of these resorts would be best in terms of value for redemption & experience?  Ideally, we'd like to stay at an ocean-front resort or a resort that is within 5 minute walk to a beautiful beach that we can hang out in for the day.  I think I've cut it down to the Kauai Marriot resort & Wailea Beach Marriot Resort but I'm open to suggestions.  I'd really appreciate your feedback and many thanks in advance

Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa

Courtyard Waikiki Beach

Courtyard Maui Kahului Airport

Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel

Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach

JW Marriott Ihilani Ko Olina Resort & Spa

Kaua'i Marriott Resort

Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa

Outcomes