AnsweredAssumed Answered

Teeth Grtting and other issues?

Question asked by anadyr on Feb 28, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 6, 2013 by anadyr

Yep, time to grit our collective teeth and restate the obvious!  No, I guess we're not in Kansas anymore Toto, unless you are in Kansas (and sorry for maligning just one state when Ohio is still on my most malign-able state list). 

We're in near free-fall in the value of loyalty programs among various hotels, not just Marriott.  Of course, there are good things to be said for these programs, but on the whole, the idea of rewarding loyal customers for their loyalty is not quite as ironclad as it used to be.  Maybe because they don't care, I don't know.  Maybe they care, but are testing us to see if we notice?  Maybe none of the above?

We are handcuffed to many of these programs--we've invested a lot in them and for them, with the hope that they'll pay us back.  Hopefully they will, but that hope seems to be getting less and less certain.

Marriott still gets my vote as a great company. I'm in my 30th year as an MR member. I have been given many things over the years for my loyalty and am grateful for them all. I've made lifetime Platinum and am pleased with that.  But Marriott Rewards, like the proverbial hangnail, is still a tad irritating (but not fatal) and the changes made to the program are worrisome.

If you agree, let me know. If you disagree, ditto. I'll leave the light on for ya! (oops, wrong chain, sorry)

Outcomes