douginmaryland

Seriously rethinking staying at Courtyards anymore

Discussion created by douginmaryland on Feb 23, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 14, 2017 by erc
Branched to a new discussion

I am seriously rethinking staying at Courtyards.  While the addition of the Bistro and Starbucks are nice additions, taking away the free coffee and hot water for tea bothers me.  It bothers me because the Starbucks in the Bistro only keeps very limited hours.  This leaves the coffee in the room as the only option (and frankly the quality of the in-room coffee isn’t very good).

This combined with no concierge lounge to enjoy a free breakfast is making Courtyard very unappealing to me – especially when the Courtyard I frequent has a full service Embassy Suites next door with a comparable rate, free happy hour and breakfast.   I’d rather have Courtyard get rid of the in-room coffee and put fresh coffee out when Starbucks is closed (as many of us burn the midnight oil and need that caffeine boost) a breakfast coupon for Marriott Reward Elites would be well received too.

Hopefully Marriott will get enough feedback that they realize they are pinching pennies and potentially losing dollars being spent on their Courtyard brand.

Outcomes