kroywen

Annapolis, MD - Springhill Suites

Discussion created by kroywen on Feb 22, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 22, 2013 by kroywen

Just arrived back in NY from my bi-monthly New York to southern  Virginia trip.     On the way down stayed at my old reliable Marriott Tysons Corner which is still as good as ever.   (Now being raised to Cat 5).      Decided to try a different route back and chose Annapolis. where I found a great AAA rate at the Springhill Suites.  (Also being increased from Cat 4 to Cat 5).   Had never stayed at a Springhill and was a bit apprehensive.  

I was extemely pleased with the hotel.     Greeting upon checkin was warm, welcoming and informative.    The room/suite was more than adequate and very clean.   The furnishings and bedding were as good as the Marriott's.     There was a small separate sitting area with desk, couch, coffee maker, bar sink, mini fridge & microwave (including disposable utensils..)  Complimentary coffee was offered in the lobby 24/7.   The included breakfast  selections were really excellent (I was very surprised -- Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, granola along with the usual pastries,eggs & waffles).  

The hotel has free parking,  a nice swimming pool & fitness room, as well as a complimentary small business center.

I had an unusual request (won't go into that now) and the manager, Steven Merchant, went out of his way to fulfill it.    A hotel concierge could not have done more.

I'll definitely add this to my stayover list and recommend it highly. 

Outcomes