profchiara

In Venice, back in history

Discussion created by profchiara on Jan 30, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 12, 2013 by profchiara

So that you don't mind that I'm talking about a non-Marriott, I will be staying at the Courtyard Venice Airport my last night here.  But I got 3 nights for $640.00 at the Pesaro Palace on booking.com and literally feel I've gone back in time.  I never expected the kind of room I got, though I wrote them in Italian in advance that I would like a canal view.  I have an enormous, antique-filled room on a high floor (4th is high here) with gold brocade wall coverings,  a spa bathroom and  three open-out windows on the Grand Canal.  It is magnificent, and literally right at the Ca' d'Oro vaporetto stop, and I can easily picture all the historical scenes I've read about and seen in Venetian history. Breakfast and wifi are free and the people are super friendly.  In fact had I got one of the 'lesser' rooms it would have looked out on the gardens of the Ca' d'Oro. WOW!!!

I will also duly report on my 2nd trip to the Airport Courtyard after I get back. WOW again.  (And I'm not THAT easily impressed.)

ProfChiara

Outcomes