Curious, but has anyone else noticed the (new? improved? broadened?) Marriott points shopping system, under either AwardHQ or Populr ???? Did I miss an announcement about this? [SORRY if I missed this and I'm just behind the times....] Have these types of incentives always been available?!?!??!? (You can shop SkyMall too - Marriott Rewards Points | Redeem Marriott Rewards Points , but don't get distracted!!!)
In any event, if you haven't seen the offerings on Populr yet, I must say I'm impressed:
- There are a host of intriguing, high-end options (e.g., over 500,000 points);
- Once you get up into the big totals, say 800,000+ points, there are some show-stoppers, including:
- Classic cars - yes, cars -, from 8-9 million points
- Fishing boats from 3-5 millions points
- A custom Harley Davidson or a Brazilian World Cup trip - over 2 million points
- China and Hong Kong OR South African Safari OR India and Nepal trips - 2 million points
- Monaco Grand Prix, Kentucky Derby, or Vegas Fight Night packages
- Masters Golf Tourney, Italian Cooking Trip, Egypt Trip, NCAA Final Four, OR a Daytona 500 NASCAR package - at 1+ million points
- The impressive Canon 5D Mark III camera with a 24-105 mm lens - 926,000 points (currently retails for around $4,000 and up)
- Custom gowns, movie premiers, and even walk-on TV roles - from 500,000 to 900,000 points....
Check it out - shop by points here - Session Timeout - (no, I have no idea why that icon says "Session Timeout") start at 500,000 and go up....
Just one more reason that Marriott continues to earn my long-term loyalty.....