I'm going to New York City for 2 nights, a Friday and Saturday, with my fiance. It will be our first time visiting NYC. I'm a Gold member for Marriott Rewards and I'm torn between two hotel options. They are:
Renaissance New York Hotel 57 - $197/night for a Superior guest room w/a queen; or
Ritz Carlton Battery Park - $275/night for a 1 King neighborhood view w/a $100 resort credit
My main criteria is:
1) What is the likelihood of a room upgrade
2) Concierge Lounge hours, breakfast options, and late night snacks/drinks
3) Location for all the "tourist" activities (I know the Renaissance is better; however, is it sooo much better that it's a better option of a hotel?)
4) Safety at night (we plan on visiting bars and will have to make the travel back to the hotel late at night).
5) Anything else I should be considering???
I know the Ritz is $150 more; however, I'm comparing price as nearly the same given the $100 credit will pay for a meal that I'd have to buy otherwise. Does anyone have any thoughts?