gemprincess

Newark Airport Full Service Marriott - Christmas

Discussion created by gemprincess on Dec 26, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 4, 2013 by gemprincess

The Newark Airport Marriott is another of my favorite Marriott'.s.

It is the only hotel (both Marriott, and competitors) that has a shuttle to and from the terminals making it very convenient.  All other properties, both Marriott and competitors have to use the P4 Parking stop on the airlink which is much less convenient and can be very congested.  Having stayed at the Courtyard in the summer because the Full Service property had no availability, and waited a long time for the Courtyard bus to show up, I noticed that the Full Service property bus has the most frequent service, besides being most convenient with terminal service.

I did arrive late, as the flite was late.  Traveling on Christmas is always a bit depressing, leaving the warmth and cheer of the family gathering for cold, crowded airport. Entering the Marriott lobby immediately cheered me up with the beautiful tree, and the fireplace images projected behind the front desk.  Upon checking in, my status was noted, but not that I have stayed at that property and frequently.  I was told the lounge was still open which was surprising since it was Xmas night, and fairly late, and that it would be open in the morning for breakfast which was great news.

EWR Marriott - Xmas Tree - 20121226.jpg

EWR Marriott - Front Desk Fireplace - 20121226.jpg

EWR Marriott - Chadwicks - 20121226.jpg

Outcomes