AnsweredAssumed Answered

Detroit Airport Full Service Marriot - Great Place to Stay

Question asked by gemprincess on Dec 21, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 26, 2012 by gemprincess

The Detroit Airport Full Service Marriott is one of my favorite Marriotts.  I generally stay when I arrive in Michigan, and before departure.  There is a very convenient shuttle service between the airport temrinals, both the new and old terminal to the Full Service Marriott and the Coutryard.  The two properties are located next to each other on Flynn Dr. just north of I-94 and the airport, but I generally choose the full service property as they have a very nice Concierge Lounge and Restaurant.  The lounge is open till 10pm on Monday through Friday, and Sunday night.  It is closed all day Saturday, and on Sunday till 5pm but complimentary breakfast coupons are provided to loyalty program members for breakfast in the restaurant.    The food in the restaurant is excellent.  They have the standard Marriott dishes like steaks and salmon, but also some Michigan specialties like potatoe enrcrusted whitefish.

This trip has been especially enjoyable as the property is decorated for Christmas with a very pretty tree in the lobby, and another smaller one in the restaurant.

I arrived early evening and it was very cheery to walk into the lobby and see all the xmas decorations.  When I checkin, reception always recognizes my platinum status, and the fact that I am a returning guest to the property.  After a brief stop at my room on the concierge floor, its off to the lounge for some refreshments.  Not only do they have refreshments, but Sally, the concierge has made arrangements for special items that the regulars in the lounge love.  Last night there was shrimp egg foo young.  When I first looked at it, I wasn't sure what it was, so I asked, and before Sally could respond, the regulars piped up with what it was, how it was made, the texture of the shrimp.  When they ran out, there were chinese chicken wings, and plenty of rice.  Several Asian guests were making it dinner.  Usually this is a great sign that its well prepared Chinese food.

My niece joined me for dinner and we enjoyed our time in the restaurant with a lovely dinner of potatoe encrusted whitefish.  She had the New England Clam Chowder and I had the onion soup which had a very nice crusted of melted cheese that was nicely browned.

For breakfast in the lounge there were scrambled egges, bacon, sausage, hasbrowns, oatmeal and an assortment of pastry, bread and cold cereals as well ss yogurt on ice, chocolate and white milk and yogurt.

It was a very pleasant way to start off the holiday weekend..

Outcomes