razorbackfan

Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon (New Hampshire)

Discussion created by razorbackfan on Nov 1, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 1, 2012 by californian

We used a Category 4 free night certificate for a 1-night stay at this hotel. The rate at the hotel was over $200, so we were glad to use the certificate.  The hotel is a well-maintained, older property with a very pleasant staff.  Check-in was quick and efficient.  The desk agent made sure we knew about the manager's reception that evening and told us macaroni & cheese and hot dogs would be served.  When we got to our room, there was note from the sales manager thanking us for our loyalty along with a bottle of water and a package of cheese crackers.  We went to the evening social thinking that we would be having hot dogs on a bun, but were a bit surprised that the hot dogs were boiled pieces of hot dogs, rather than on a bun.  They provided soft drinks with the meal.  Some guests had beer or wine, but I don't know if they were complimentary or not.  Breakfast was good and plentiful.  They utilize the breakfast room along with an adjacent room to spread out the food stations.  There was plenty of seating in both rooms for the guests.  We would stay at this hotel again when in area.

The hotel is near Dartmouth College.  A shopping center with a food co-op store (where we got some maple product souvenirs) is nearby.  A Courtyard is also nearby.  We visited the Vermont Country store, an icon in Vermont, on the way to Lebanon.  Before leaving Lebanon, we visited the King Arthur Flour store.  Both stops were fun.  I'll be writing more about these stops in my blog.

Outcomes