communitymanagers

Time to Unwind: Spas That Hit the Spot

Discussion created by communitymanagers on Oct 24, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 26, 2015 by cautioncontentshot

Insiders are always on the go, so it’s no surprise they also know how and where to slow down. Whether you’ve had a hectic holiday season or just want to start the New Year on the right foot, there’s nothing better than a day at the spa.

Arizona is known for its amazing spas, and the Revive Spa at JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort is a favorite among Insiders. Superchief1 took his wife there for her birthday and said it was “relaxing” and “a nice oasis.” He also suggests using your Platinum Elite privileges to gain access to spa facilities including a fitness center, pool and steam room. Phxpashun says “the spa is fantastic—worth every penny” but also likes The Spa at Camelback Inn at the JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa. “[It’s] a wonderful spa [and] has a ‘spiritual’ vibe about it,” she says, noting that it fits in well with the surrounding desert landscape and has a “quiet” and “secluded” feel. Ksfamilyman thinks The Spa at Camelback Inn is “first class,” while Lorirobert says it has “the best spa treatments I have ever had.” Tjcnewyork and his wife are frequent spa-goers and “highly recommend” it for “an outstanding experience.”

Something about sunshine makes for a perfect spa escape, so it’s no surprise that mabusr is a big fan of the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes and the spa it shares with The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes next door. She says it’s “the most fabulous hotel spa I’ve ever been to” and “one of the plushest spas I’ve ever seen.” Across the globe, marcus likes the “great spa that has simply awesome treatments” at the Spa at JW Marriott Hotel Beijing, and also recommends the Courtyard Beijing Northeast, which doesn’t have an official spa but offers affordable massage services.

Where do you go to relax, refresh and re-energize? Tell us about your favorite Marriott spas and treatments and you could be featured in a future post.

Special thanks to members superchief1, phxpashun8, ksfamilyman, lorirobert, tjcnewyork, mabusr and marcus. To see one of your posts featured, we encourage you to contribute helpful tips, thoughts, experiences and insights throughout the community.

Outcomes