profchiara

Athens, Crete and a Certificate Question

Discussion created by profchiara on Sep 4, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 5, 2012 by artisttraveler

I've decided!  My business class free flight goes to Athens where I'll stay one night, then because it's Thanksgiving weekend Sunday I have to stay overnight coming home in Amsterdam.  But I am flying from Athens to Crete and staying at the Galaxy in Heraklion, near the Palace of Knossos and the Archaeological Museum.  (I got a ridiculously low price of $390 for the Aegean air flight and 3 nights at what appears to be an excellent hotel on Expedia.)

But another issue arose, and I want to see if you have any ideas of what's happening.  When I went to Athens Ledra for my one night in Athens, I saw it was a Cat 5 hotel.  Well, guess what? I still have my normally unusable Cat 5 Marriott Chase Premier cert, so I called the Platinum line.  The woman I spoke to was very nice but kept asking me if I didn't want to do the pointsavers instead. I kept saying, no I want to use the credit card cert.  I asked her if I needed to get it in the mail (that part of the system seems old-fashioned, as does having to call for it), and she said no.  But when I look at my reservation, it says I have to request the certificate and that I am staying on points+cash.  Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks! ProfChiara;

Outcomes