tryt53

Review of Portland Marriott City Center (Portland, OR)

Discussion created by tryt53 on Aug 29, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 29, 2012 by erc

We just stayed at the Portland, OR Marriott City Center this last week and I have to say it was a wonderful stay.  We were using our free annual Category 5 stay, and we called ahead a day in advance of arrival and asked if they had a Platinum upgrade available.  They replied that they did, and when we arrived at check-in, we were helped by Taylor.  She asked us if we were staying on points, and I mentioned we were staying on our free certificate.  She thanked us for being Platinum, asked if we'd like welcome points or a welcome item, and put us in a corner suite on the 17th floor.  I mentioned to her that I realized the CL was probably closed  because it was a Friday night, and she said it was, but she would be happy to give us breakfast vouchers for all 3 of us, and even threw one in for our daughter who was going to meet us for breakfast.  Taylor's handling of us really made us feel valued as a Platinum member and really made our stay.  When we went to breakfast the next morning, there was a wonderful buffet and we were allowed to order custom omelets, or other things from the kitchen.  When our visiting daughter got tied up because of traffic and was going to arrive after the breakfast closed, our waiter, Emanuel had them keep the kitchen open to cook her food to order when she showed up 15 minutes late.  Talk about great service!!

This moved to the top of our favorite places to stay in Porland, OR, when we go back to visit.  Room upgrade, good check-in, and 4 free weekend breakfasts (value $64.00), all from using a free annual night stay.  Other Marriott Hotels could take a lesson from this one!

PortlandMarriottCityCenterRoom.JPG

Outcomes