tef6178

Check the Work

Discussion created by tef6178 on Jul 24, 2012
Latest reply on Jul 29, 2012 by gemprincess

I'm in the middle of a bunch of stays in the Northeast with a road trip back home going a little farther west through central PA, Tennessee and Alabama before getting home. As part of this string of stays I have a 'one nighter' that I'm using a free night certificate for before it expires. It's the only 'freebie' night for all of these stays. I decided to alter my itinerary and called the Platinum line to change the 'one nighter freebie' to another location farther down the road. The rep said they take care of it and did so as I saw the new reservation on my 'Upcoming Reservations' roster. But, then I checked it. The 'new reservation was made using points and the expiring free night certificate had been placed back in my file on my 'Activity' page. I'm glad I checked the reservation. I then re-booked it using the certificate and cancelled the points using stay.

Now, I've always gotten superb service from the Platinum line customer service folks so don't take this with you as a complaint because mistakes happen. But, always remember to 'check the work'.

Outcomes