AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why are Marriott Rewards Offers priced higher than standard rates?

Question asked by mdlynch on Jul 19, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 8, 2012 by profchiara

I've noticed this on many occasions and finally decided to try posting a question to this forum.

Why are Marriott Rewards Elite Exclusive Offers priced higher than standard rates?

For example - at the Spring Hill Suites in Prince Frederick Maryland for a stay from 7/29/12 to 7/30/12, the standard rate for a 1BR Suite with 2 Queen is $119.00 per night.

The Marriott Rewards Elite Exclusive Offer for a 1 BR Suite with 2 Double is $125.10.  The 2 Queen Beds is not even offered under the Marriott Rewards Offer rate.   The 1 BR Suite with 2 Queen has a standard rate of $109.00 per night.    Therefore, the Marriott Rewards Offer rate is $16.10 more costly.   I looked at the Rate Rules and I do not see that I would be getting any perks or bonuses for booking under the Marriott Rewards Elite Exclusive Offer.

I'm thinking that if anything, the Marriott Rewards Elite Exclusive Offer should be priced lower than the standard rate, or for the additional cost it should offer a perk or bonus not available under the standard rate.

Thoughts, anyone?

Thank you,

Michelle from Laurel, MD

Outcomes