AnsweredAssumed Answered

Customer Service

Question asked by shoeman1000 on Jul 10, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 21, 2012 by jasper100

I have the opportunity to stay in Ritz Carlton properties from time-to-time.  I was surprised when Marriott purchased the Hotel group, but took a wait-and-see attitude.  Several years later, I am happy to announce that I have seen no change at all in the Ritz Carlton experience.  That is the good news.  The bad news is that I have seen no influence whatsoever from Ritz on the Marriott experience.  Seems to me that Marriott had a golden opportunity to learn from and truly understand what makes Ritz a "ritz".  Instead, it's no mare than a trophy on a mantle for Marriott.  What a shame.....

I had the pleasure last evening of checking into the Ritz Carlton, St Louis, and once again treated as royalty.  I cannot state strongly enough the difference in the experience between what I enjoyed last evening and what I will face tonite checking into the Marriot Hotel and Spa in Stamford Ct.    Interestingly, I will be paying MORE for the Marriott in Stamford than I payed for the Ritz in St. Louis.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on the subject?  For all the discussion about the ramped-up training to improve customer service, has anyone seen a noticeable difference?

Outcomes