ssindc

Seattle Renaissance - very happy

Discussion created by ssindc on Jul 7, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 19, 2015 by kagesan

First time in the Seattle Renaissance, and I'm very happy with it.

• AWESOME ROOM - they upgraded me to a very comfortable, large, corner room/suite on the 27th floor (of this 28-floor property) - commanding, stunning views of the water, the city, the space needle, and the mountains - in addition to an excellent work surface and a decent couch, there's a killer wall-length window seat in the bedroom....
    • Just a reminder for insiders: it never hurts to ask for a Platinum (or any type of) upgrade - the worst thing the folks at the desk will do is say "no"....
    • I'm basically next door to the Presidential suite - that must be a doozy if it's better than this!
  • Awesome Renaissance robes in the closet....
  • Central location - I did a fair amount of walking this afternoon and evening....
  • Underground parking is a little dicey and expensive (but less expensive than some other places)...
  • Wall Street Journal at my door in the morning, complimentary water bottles in the fridge (no mini-bar - THANK YOU, THANK YOU), and tasty local chocolates each night....
  • Nice rooftop lounge....
  • No concierge lounge services on the weekend (which is a bummer, but not unexpected), but turn-down service included water bottles and local chocolates, and they gave me discount coupons for the (reasonably priced) breakfast restaurant....

That's my perspective.... For a less positive experience, however, check this out: http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/11950#11950

Outcomes