I went ahead and signed up as a new Marriott Rewards Member in mid-April since I knew I had a business trip and family vacation this summer that would be Marriott stays.
So, in just 60-days, I've already accumulated 110,000 Marriott points.
* 5,000 = Business stay in DC
* 50,000 = Marriott Premier Rewards Card sign-up Bonus.
* 36,000 = Family Vacation @ St Thomas Frenchman's Cove (includes the 20% points bonus from being a Silver member after getting the Premier card).
* 15,000 = Premier Card Bonus for Marriott Spend.
* 1,000 = Hertz Rental car Bonus at 2-for-1.
* 3,000 = Premier Card Bonus for Misc Spending.
= 110,000 = Rewards Points.
So, I'm planning on a Fall trip with the wife. One option we're thinking about is the JW Marriott in Cancun. Using that 110,000 points (and maybe a little more) gets me 4 nights, plus the usual 5th night free. So five nights in Cancun for practically free just for being a little dilligent about how I managed the money I was already planning on spending when I signed up for Marriott Rewards and the Marriott Premier Rewards Card.
Count me as a satisfied Marriott Rewards member!