First time here - really splendid. Not surprising that that Marriott named it the Hotel of the Year in 2010.
- Terrific staff. Warmly welcomed, courteously upgraded to top floor, very comfortable room. (Was offered a suite on a lower floor if I was willing to wait, but I didn't bother.) Given Platinum points PLUS a welcome snack and drink!
- Killer view from the concierge lounge balcony. Nice, comfortable lounge. Nice food and drink.
- EXCELLENT work space - my favorite: the roll-out computer desk under the wall desk (double space, flexible layout, and multiple height options), and a splendid desk/office chair. Ipod/dock/clock radio is a nice touch.
- One of the best bath robes ever!
- No tub, but a wonderful shower with wall jets.
- Wall Street Journal at my door in the morning, USA today in the concierge lounge.
- Interesting place - if you like the whole outdoor/pedestrian mall. MANY restaurant options (and a movie theater). Bose speakers in the sidewalks, outdoor concerts at night, lots of action, etc...