musictomyears

Beware of Fraud!

Discussion created by musictomyears on Jun 13, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 by fschumpert

Tonight I logged into our account and all our points have been stolen!  I found out that you must

request a password to protect your account.  If any stranger has your name and rewards number

they can pick up the phone call Marriott rewards and order a gift card and you will no longer

have points in your account.

Make sure you have a four pin password on your account

before you are a victim.  I believe God protected us tonight, because this happened today

and we caught it in time to cancel the cards that were going to a bogus address.  I am SO

tempted to put the name of the person and their home address online for the whole world

to see but I am waiting to call the Marriott Reward's line in the morning.  Is this not fraud?

I am not sure how they got into our account, because all our information was changed,

home address, email address, phone number.  We called the Marriott redemption line

tonight and Tim cancelled the cards, scheduled to be mailed to someone else.  His

screen showed our profile information was the same but the gift cards had an Illinois

address.  Our screen showed ALL our personal information had been changed.  So

we changed it back, changed our Marriott password and protected our reward points

by getting a password.

KEEP YOUR EYES ON YOUR POINTS BECAUSE THERE IS A THIEF WAITING

TO ENJOY YOUR VACATION!

Outcomes