Skip navigation
All Places > Travel > Discussions
Log in to create and rate content, and to follow, bookmark, and share content with other members.
nuhusker

Memorial Day

Discussion created by nuhusker on May 26, 2012
Latest reply on May 27, 2012 by jerrycoin

Just a reminder, although I suspect this group doesn't need it.

from the Allied War Cemetery in Kohima, Burma.

"When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

John Maxwell Edmonds

Outcomes

• tef6178

husker:

We all appreciate you thinking of and reminding us of all those who gave their lives for the freedoms we have today. At the race, it is always very solemn and moving when that moment of silence for those lost in service for our freedoms happens. 400,000 people stop and join in a silent prayer for those departed. You can hear a pin drop.....and then they play taps. Very moving. I'm glad I'm a small part of it.

• nuhusker

Racing fans are some of the most patriotic Americans. 

• shoeman1000

Hey Husker

To you and your Band of Brothers, I say "thank you" for your service.  I cannot imagine what it is like on this most solemn weekend when you remember all of those that lost their lives serving their country.  In my own way, I will say some prayers for all of them.

Thanks again.

shoeman

• nuhusker

Yesterday morning we (local VFW) installed the mounts, poles, and flags for each branch of service to fly next to US flag at our town veteran's memorial.  Middle of next month I'll be in DC and will pay tribute to the 10 names on the Wall that I know personally...served with 5 of them, others I knew growing up or at other bases, and then I'll pay a short visit to some of the recently war wounded at Bethesda Naval Hospital.  This country if full of great Americans, each who in some small way make it great.  God bless the USA.

• jerrycoin

NU,

Great post and great statement!

Here are two photo's that represent two of my best Memorial Days.  One is a small cemetery by the Paris Renaissance, La Defense, the other is where I am staying by Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery , St. Louis, MO.

IMG_0315.JPG

They are getting ready for The Memorial Day Ceremony in Paris, France.

IMG_1993.JPG

Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery.

We cannot forget our Veterans!