AnsweredAssumed Answered

Are guests actually the ones responsible for a housekeeper entering their rooms before 9 A.M.?

Question asked by eb5147 on May 26, 2012
Latest reply on Jul 17, 2012 by eb5147

Are guests actually the ones responsible for a housekeeper entering their rooms before 9 A.M.?  Are the guests not entitled to privacy before that hour at the very least?  Should gm expect the guests to remember to bolt their doors and put the "DND" sign out when they've come in early and collapsed because of age and weariness and anemia?

I happen to think that housekeepers should check with the desk before even disturbing someone at this hour?  It really upsets me because I consider this to be an infringement on my rights to a peaceful stay when I've rented the room for that reason.  And then for the gm to tell me that I've reacted worse than anyone ever has on this issue with only five other people acting badly regarding this issue, when, in fact, his excuses were the reason for the exacerbation of the discussion because they were actually insulting to me.   Maybe most people do check out before 9 a.m., but that doesn't meant they should be expected to be gone before that time.

Do they not have phones or walkie-talkies with which to communicate with the desks before disturbing the customer?   If not, they should because I've even seen small, local chains that did that.   Are those small chains so much more advanced than a big chain like Marriott, and Courtyard in particular in this recent instance this week? 

I had really liked this location and everyone connected with it, including the GM.   Now, my opinion of him is among the worst and I'm debating about even staying there again, even though I stay at a Marriott brand in that area every 2 - 3 weeks.

Outcomes