jerrycoin

"2nd Verse, The same as the First!"

Discussion created by jerrycoin on May 22, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 14, 2012 by tryt53

One of my favorite songs is The Herman Hermits, "I'm Henry The 8th, I am!"  It reminds me of my recent stay at The Renaissance AdT in Paris.  The second stay was as good as the first!  All I need is six more stays there!  Let me share with you why I enjoy this hotel so much:

THE STAFF:

The Concierge staff is as good as it gets!  They arranged to have me picked up at CDG, from the plane, brought thru customs, help with luggage and drive me directly to the hotel.  Yes, it is about three times more expensive than just taking a commercial taxi, but after a long flight and with 6 bags, I figure it's worth it.  Cedric, Remi, and Chloe have been really great when it comes to recommending the right place to dine or visit.  They are real professionals as is the front desk staff.  They greet you with professionalism and a warm smile!

IMG_2299.JPG

Remi with Elizabeth, professionals!

SERVICE!

This is one of the only Marriott properties that I have stayed at that not only comp's PP breakfast, but actually brings a continental breakfast to the room!  That really "Makes my day", when  I can relax in my room and dine at 10:30, then leave the room when I am ready.  Anne, is such a wonderful server, that makes each morning meal a pleasure!

IMG_2302.jpg

Anne brings up the PP gift!  What a classy young lady!

LOCATION!

From room 616, you can see both the AdT, as well as the Eiffel Tower!  The walk to The C-E is short and the area is somewhat "Magical", in that you don't have the enormous crowds of the C-E, and the prices are quite a bit less.  Enjoy these photos.

IMG_2314.JPG

The Eiffel Tower is to the left and the AdT is to the right, from the window of room 616.

IMG_2335.JPG

Just out the front door of the hotel and the first place to your left, you will find a great sidewalk cafe.  Here "Le Doctor", will have a great glass of vin rouge, to lower your cholesterol and extend your life!  Formerly living in California, this host is most friendly and speaks wonderful English!

IMG_2304.JPG

A short walk, and inexpensive, but fantastic food, try this place!  English as well as French are welcome, and make sure you enjoy the escargot!  The very best I have ever had!

IMG_2312.JPG

Romar, and owner Christian, will greet you with pleasure.  Note the prices!  15 Euros gets you a nice meal!

If you like Chocolate, this place is historic and memorable!

IMG_1618.JPG

There are so many great places to stay and visit in Paris!  If you ever get a chance to visit Paris, you will enjoy The Renaissance AdT!

Outcomes